Update (01/18/2018): This position has been filled. To see currently available job openings, please refer to the Employment Opportunities page
Title: Production Supervisor
Reports To: Plant Manager
Du-Co Ceramics Company, a manufacturer of custom engineered ceramic components for OEM’s, is seeking a Production Supervisor to oversee mixing, extrusion, and cutting operations for the facility in Saxonburg, PA.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the Mixing, Extrusion, and Cutting Department in accordance with established procedures.
- Responsible for the implementation of departmental practices and procedures as recommended and authorized.
- Responsible for production using methods per the engineered routes in accordance with established procedures or as directed by the General Manager or other executive management and making recommendations for process improvements/route modifications based on current capabilities.
- Responsible for reviewing off standard conditions (low rate or high scrap) in department, investigating and determining root cause, and reporting same along with corrective and preventative actions to the Plant Manager. May request assistance from Engineering department, as necessary.
- Responsible for ensuring correct dies are used in production. Must verify dimensions of all tooling prior to releasing to production and when production is complete. Submits Die Repair requests to correct tooling that is found to be off-size.
- Responsible for the quality of mixed material released to production in accordance with established procedure.
- Responsible for coordination with Plant Manager, Production Control, and secondary operations Supervisors to ensure all scheduled production is completed on time and as needed to meet customer delivery requirements and maintain required stock levels.
- Responsible for the requisition of departmental supplies as required and in accordance with established procedure.
- Supervises all production personnel working within the departments:
- Responsible for knowing and enforcing company rules, regulations, and policies.
- Responsible for ensuring all necessary employee training is performed and for the conduct of performance evaluations.
- Responsible for ensuring that all safety rules and practices are followed to maintain a safe working environment.
- Responsible for performing random but routine audits of departments in accordance with established procedures.
- Responsible for reviewing and reporting equipment issues resultant from periodic inspections, as well as breakdowns, etc. with the Maintenance Supervisor and the Plant Manager.
- Attends regularly scheduled production staff meetings and reports any concerns or potential issues. Also documents/investigates those concerns, discussing, when necessary, with the Plant Manager and QA Manager.
- May be assigned other miscellaneous duties as required by supervisor and/or executive management.
Education and Experience: These requirements are at the discretion of the General Manager, but generally include a high mechanical aptitude and 3-5 years of supervisory experience. Preference given to applicants who also have education/experience related to ceramic materials processing.
Compensation: This is a full time, salaried position with a comprehensive benefit package. Salary to be established commensurate with education and experience.
Travel Requirements: This position is located in Saxonburg, PA. Travel is not a normal requirement of this position.
Skills Requirement: In addition to possessing the required education and experience this person must:
- Have strong analytical and decision making capabilities, including ability to multi-task and oversee numerous simultaneous processes
- Have a strong mechanical aptitude
- Have a highly developed sense of integrity and reliability
- Have the ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbal and in writing
- Be strongly detail oriented and have good listening skills
- Have ability to handle complaints and personnel issues professionally and effectively
- Have ability to deliver suggestions for improvement and/or criticism in a constructive manner
- Have a strong work ethic and team player mentality